Flexilets FAQ's

When does a holiday booking become a flexilet?

A booking from 1 to 8 weeks is a holiday booking charged at the usual rate. A booking from 8 weeks to 5 months is considered a “flexilet”.

Can I change the rental period once agreed?

You may not shorten the rental period once agreed and signed and you will be liable for the full rental price should you wish to leave early. If you wish to increase the rental period this can be arranged with the property owner’s permission and subject to availability.

What happens about Council tax?

The majority of properties will include council tax in the four weekly price quoted on the website. However, some property owners will want to charge this separately. Please see individual property flexilet pricing descriptions or contact us for clarification.

What happens about Linen?

Bed linen is generally not included in our flexilet bookings unless specifically requested and you will be expected to provide it yourselves.

What happens about Utilities; such as electricity, gas, oil or TV license?

Again we encourage our property owners to include all utilities in the four weekly price quoted on the website. However, this is dependent on individual properties and each individual property flexilet pricing descriptions should be checked for clarification. If utilities are agreed to be treated separately by the owner, please ensure you liaise directly with them on the agreed terms.

What happens if the Landlord wants access to the property during my tenancy?

The property owner may wish to visit the property during the tenancy period for maintenance, repair work etc. They are entitled to do this but should give you 24 hours notice.

What happens if my rent will be paid by a third party such as an Insurance company?

We require the payment for the full rental period upfront from your insurance provider or a third party.

What happens with repairs and maintenance?

The tenant should leave the property clean and tidy subject to normal wear and tear. Any breakages or damage will be dealt with directly with the owner or taken from the security deposit. If repairs or maintenance are required the homeowner will organise this and give the tenant 24 hours notice before entering the property.

Do I pay a security/damage deposit?

Yes we will take a security deposit equal to four weeks rent, on confirmation of the agreement. This will be returned to you the tenant after the termination of the flexilet, the property has been checked by the homeowner and given us written confirmation that the property is in an appropriate condition.

Can I bring a pet?

Please check individual property descriptions or contact us should you wish to have a pet living with you during the flexilet period.

Can I smoke in the property?

Again, please check individual property descriptions and the homeowners preference on smoking in or on the property’s premises.

What happens if I need to move very quickly or at short notice?

Not a problem. We will organise for you to get into the cottage on a holiday booking basis. As soon as we have your references, the agreement back and signed and a copy of the standing order you have sent to your bank, we will transfer the booking into a flexilet and you will be charged the period of residence so far at the appropriate four weekly period rate.