Essential cottage information
Arrival and departure
Arrival and departure times may vary between properties, but can be found on the property detail pages on our website. After you place a booking, they will also be confirmed in your booking details. Please leave the property as you found it.
We offer short breaks throughout the year for anything between two and six nights. Please look at our short break properties. You will receive full details of arrival time, directions and key arrangements after you have paid the balance of the hire charge.
Cot / high chair
A cot or high chair is only provided where mentioned in the property description. (Please bring your own cot bedding) Equipment may also be hired from Norfolk Cottages (collected from our Holt office) - please call for details.
Electricity and heating
The majority of our properties offer heating and electricity in the advertised price. Please look at the full web description under extras for full details of what the property of your choice offers and any heating extras which may apply. When open fires or wood burners are available the fuel for this may need to be purchased separately.
Electric cars & devices
Electric cars are becoming increasingly common and we want to ensure they can be catered for wherever possible. Not all properties will have a suitable and safe place to charge vehicles, so always best to check prior to booking if this is an essential requirement. We strongly recommend you speak with the homeowner prior to arrival to discuss charging arrangements for any electric cars. Owners hold the right to charge additional fees if car charging is felt to be excessive.
We appreciate you may wish to bring electrical devices with you on holiday. These should always be in a safe condition. All our properties will have suitable heating arrangements and cooking equipment so we do not recommend bringing these items with you on holiday. For devices such as electrical heaters, there could be a potential fire risk, so we will always ask you to discuss such devices with owners prior to arrival.
All our cottages are cleaned thoroughly between holidays. We would ask that you please leave the property and its contents clean and tidy.
Many of our properties will accept pets and this will be indicated on the individual property page on our website. More details are given in the property description. Bookings that include pets are taken on the understanding that all flea and worming treatments are up to date. Please remember that they should not be left unattended in properties and that pets must remain downstairs and off furniture at all times. You, as pet owner, will be responsible for removing any evidence left by your pet and reimbursing the owner for any damage caused. Please show consideration for guests visiting after you have gone home and bear in mind that some popular beaches do not permit dogs during the summer months. For most properties a charge of £25 per pet per week or £20 per pet for short break will be made.
Alterations to bookings
We cannot accept a change of holiday property once we have received your deposit payment. It may be possible to change your holiday week providing you advise us not less than eight weeks prior to your original holiday start date. This is not always possible, although if we are able to rearrange this for you, a charge of £50 will be made to cover administration costs. No change of dates is operative until we receive written confirmation and the alteration fee.
Some properties have extra beds or sofa beds; the extra number of persons will be shown as + 1 or + 2. In no circumstances may more than the maximum numbers of persons indicated occupy a property (see our Booking Conditions). In addition caravans, campervans and tents may not be parked or erected at the property without the owner’s consent.
Please take all your belongings with you. If, when you arrive home, you notice something missing; please let us know as soon as possible. We are happy to return items to you which will incur a minimum charge of £15.00. Please note, items not claimed within 28 days will be disposed of.
1. If you are unhappy with your booking or the way it has been handled, please inform us immediately.
2. The contract is between you the Hirer, and the Homeowner, so if any problems arise during your stay, you should contact the person whose details are given on the paperwork who should put the matter right as soon as possible.
3. If the matter is not resolved, let us know as soon as possible. Complaints not reported at the time cannot be entertained subsequently and it is regretted that no correspondence can be entered into in the case of complaints made after you return home when it will be appreciated that it is quite impossible for them to be effectively investigated.
4. If you have an urgent problem, please contact the person whose details are given – it may be the Homeowner or keyholder. If you cannot contact the Homeowner or the keyholder, telephone our office on 01263 715779 during office hours.
5. Please leave a telephone number or location where you can be contacted.
6. We will do all we can to rectify the matter – if we are unable to do this and, in our opinion, your complaint is justified, we will try to find alternative accommodation for you. i. This may involve an increase or decrease in your holiday cost, depending on the price category of the alternative property. ii. It may not be possible to re-locate you in high season. In such cases, where you do not stay in your booked property, we will arrange a full reimbursement of the price paid.
7. Our liability and that of the Homeowner is limited to the price you paid, except in the case of legal liability for personal damage or injury, for which purpose public liability insurance is carried by the Homeowner.
Many of the properties within this brochure are older cottages dating back to the last century or earlier. It is important to remember before booking your holiday in one of these properties that part of the charm of such properties are the characteristically low ceilings, doorways and beams. They often have steep and narrow stairs and because of low or sloping ceilings, may have limited clothes hanging facilities. Many were also built before the introduction of damp proof courses and cavity insulation. These points are particularly important to note if your party has any elderly or very young members. We feel that having made these points, however, that these are all aspects which add character and charm and would not hesitate to recommend them if these features are understood. This information supersedes previous issues