How to keep pets safe on Bonfire Night
Published: Friday 02nd Nov 2018
Written by: Georgia Dawson
Remember, remember, the 5th November…
Bonfire Night can be a very exciting time, with hundreds of people wrapping up warm and heading outside to enjoy the explosion of colours in the night sky. However, it can be a very daunting and confusing time for animals and it is important to keep them safe too. Read below for some tips on how to keep your pet safe this Bonfire Night.
- If possible, bring your pets inside – this is the safest place for your pet.
- Be sure to keep any windows and doors shut. This will prevent your pet running away if it gets startled.
- Create a ‘safe’ area – put down some extra bedding, build a special den or hidey-hole. This is somewhere your pet can hide in if they feel anxious.
- Try filling your house with other noises, such as the TV or radio, to distract your pet from the bangs.
- Give them space and try to treat them as normally as possible. If your pet seems anxious, as tempting as it may be to fuss them, it is important you give them space.
Have a wonderful and safe Bonfire Night!
Exploring Norfolk? Be our guest.