Top five scary things to do with kids in Norfolk...
Published: Thursday 11th Aug 2016
Written by: georgerdp
On the whole Norfolk is a tranquil, laid-back, go-with-the-flow kind of place. Or so you thought.
If you want to avoid the 'I'm bored' scenarios of the summer holidays and give the kids a thrill to remember (and perhaps even give yourself a little fright too), why not try our top five suggestions for scary things to do in Norfolk. Here we go...
1. Hilltop's Air Jump - You can't do this anywhere else in England. Jump from the 10m high platform onto a giant air pillow. It's pretty challenging at the top, but jump once and you'll be climbing the tower for more. Click here for further details and to book.
2. Hang from the trees at Go Ape - This is a great opportunity to play Tarzan for the day, but with the safety of a hook and instructor! Children can enjoy Treetop Juniors, whilst little ones will have a fantastic time on the creative climbing spots throughout the forest. Click here to find out more.
3. Eat cockles by the sea - OK, so this isn't that scary to those of us who love shellfish. But to a child, the grey molluscs, up close and personal, look like giant bogeys out of their worst nightmares. We recommend they close their eyes, stab with a fork and dive in. Failing that, the bribe of an ice-cream afterwards might just do the trick!
4. Swing from the ropes at Wells-next-the-Sea - After a day on the beach, head into the pine woods behind the beach-huts and you'll discover long ropes over sandbanks, perfect for free-swinging. Famous Five... eat your heart out.
5. Ride a Ghost Train at Hunstanton's Rainbow Park or Great Yarmouth's Pleasure Beach - Toffee Apples might be scary for us older folk donning the odd filling or two, but for children you can't beat a classic fun-fair ghost train. The clanking doors, dark rooms and neon skulls are pure, nostalgic goose bump fodder.
If you're brave enough to try, why not take a selfie and share it with us by using our #ncctour hashtag. Go on, we know you're made of courageous stuff!