BBC Radio One
So you’ve heard the great news - BBC Radio 1 has announced that its annual "Big Weekend" will take place in Norwich later this year, Yay!
On the weekend of 23rd -24th May, the station’s flagship event will be held in the city’s Earlham Park.
If you’re are lucky enough to get tickets to Europe’s biggest free music event, which has Taylor Swift the first big name already confirmed - You are going to need somewhere to stay!
This is where Norfolk Country Cottages can help……. we have over 100 properties within a ten mile radius of Norwich.
Also a number of properties actually in Norwich itself (currently available for that weekend!) including
Whitlingham View 1473
16 St Edmunds Wharf 1470
New to Norwich – Here are some facts you may not know……
* In 1963 The Beatles played a gig at the Grosvenor Rooms on Prince of Wales Road, Norwich.
* Elm Hill is the most famous street in Norwich and was only saved from demolition by the casting vote of the Lord Mayor in 1924.
* Dragon Hall in King Street, Norwich, is the only medieval merchant's trading hall known to have survived in Western Europe.
* Norwich City Football club's song, “On The Ball City” is the oldest football chant still being sung in the UK today.
* The spire of Norwich Cathedral is 315ft high. The Caen stone, which was used to build the Cathedral, was brought to Norwich from Normandy.
* The Adam & Eve pub in Bishopgate is the oldest in Norwich and was built in 1249 as a brewhouse for workers building the Cathedral.
* At 365 feet, the balcony of Norwich City Hall is the longest in the UK.