Royal Norfolk Show
Counting down the days until The Royal Norfolk Show!! (Wednesday 25th - Thursday 26th June 2014)
The show which is the largest annual event in Norfolk and the largest two-day agricultural show in the country is a day full of fun & entertainment for all the family.
It guarantees to be a true celebration of the county’s agricultural industries, with livestock and equine competitions, displays on both days, top-class show jumping, over 3000 animals and hundreds of attractions.
Norfolk Country Cottages will be at the event, so do come see us and say hello.
Here's just a little taster of what is also on offer........
* Learn about Norfolk’s wonderful landscape and the importance of farming and the countryside
* Experience the thrills and spills of the Grand Ring
* Shop till you drop at over 650 retail stands selling everything from fashion to farm machinery
* Enjoy all the fun of the fair on the vintage showground
* Meet local sports stars and try something new – from cricket to rugby, 4x4 driving to cycling – get active at the Show
* Relax over a summer drink, pick up a bite to eat and listen to the band
* Get to see farm animals up close – pigs, poultry, sheep, goats and cattle – all looking their best and trying to catch the judge’s eye
* Watch some of the country’s top show jumpers, including Olympic medallists, as they compete for the prizes
* Meet growers, farmers and scientists, learn about new technologies and the skills needed for tomorrow’s agriculture
* Understand the connection between food, farming and the countryside
* See today’s hi-tech farm machinery and marvel at the heavy horses and equipment of times gone by
* Brand new for this year, take a trip to the Show’s own mini farm
* Sample food and drink from more than 70 local producers in our Food Hall – from cheese to chorizo, whisky to wine, salads to sweets, it’s all produced in Norfolk
* Get green fingers! Visit the Flower and Garden Show, meet the experts and try your hand at something different
* Watch top TV chefs and local cooks in action in our state-of-the art cookery theatre – learn new tips and tricks
* Meet the people who support our county every day – including Fire & Rescue, Police and the Armed Forces
* Be entertained by some of the county’s top musicians, take in the art show and see craftsmen at work
* Walk through the woodland, learn how to turn a chair leg or make a basket
* Countryside, waterways and coast – find out what else you can do in this great county
Look forward to seeing you all there.............